Tom Horn forum Tom-Horn.com Home
Tom Horn Forum Home
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 10:06:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  tom-horn.com
|-+  Tom Horn Discussions
| |-+  Tom Horn Photos
| | |-+  Not Sieber, but Tom?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Not Sieber, but Tom?  (Read 8582 times)
Tom-Horn.com Forum Administrator
Administrator

Not Sieber, but Tom?
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:34:33 PM »

original post:

Anonymous
Feb 16 2005, 08:12 AM
Hello,
I just joined your group, and I have a question: I just found an image on the web that previously was thought to be Al Sieber, but has now been identified as Tom. Can anyone verify that it indeed is Tom? I think it looks like him--especially the chin and nose. It comes from the Gila County Recorder, so it's probably from the San Carlos years--my guess would be around 1886.
http://www.geocities.com/~zybt/sieberi.htm

Cheers,
Raksha
Anonymous
Mar 11 2005, 05:24 PM
We'd need to know the approximate date of the photo, if possible.

I'll do more checking with another source, too.
ChipCarlson
Mar 13 2005, 06:46 PM
RE that photo -- Horn or Al Sieber:

I looked at the information in my archives, and the photo is Sieber. Obviously he was younger, I believe, than when Tom Horn first met up with him. And, yes, there is quite a resemblance.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Chip
Raksha
Mar 18 2005, 03:56 PM
Chip, thanks for clearing that up.

Has anyone seen the supposed photos of Tom that are being offered on eBay now? No bids. I ****ume that's because it isn't Tom--unless he changed his nose, eye color, hair color, and ears!

smile.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6161621884&rd=1

By the way, did anyone in this discussion group buy the lot of 9 original newspapers from Tom's trial on eBay recently? I would love to obtain scans of some of them, if possible.

Raksha
~LARGO~
May 7 2005, 02:48 AM
Hello all:
I am a brand new member of this group, and for better or for worse, will put my 2 cents worth in.
I tend to agree with Raksha about the photos shown on the link to Ebay. I don't believe they are of Tom Horn.
Tom had a stronger chin, protruding ears, a distinct hairline, and kind of wide at the jawbone, when seen from the front.
So...unless someone has a bunch of cash to burn, I would certainly be very cautious about plunking down the kind of money asked for.
As I said, that's my 2 cents...

Have a good day!

~LARGO~
Aug 29 2005, 07:16 PM
QUOTE(~LARGO~ @ May 7 2005, 02:48 AM)
Hello all:
I am a brand new member of this group, and for better or for worse, will put my 2 cents worth in.
I tend to agree with Raksha about the photos shown on the link to Ebay.  I don't believe they are of Tom Horn.
Tom had a stronger chin, protruding ears, a distinct hairline, and kind of wide at the jawbone, when seen from the front.
So...unless someone has a bunch of cash to burn, I would certainly be very cautious about plunking down the kind of money asked for.
As I said, that's my 2 cents...

Have a good day!

~LARGO~

That photo is Al Sieber, not Tom Horn...

Later ****
Charlie Johnson (svenska50@hotma
May 13 2006, 03:25 AM
I may be responsible for this foto thing. I found the foto several years ago and wrote to the lady that runs that particular museum in NW Colorado expressing my doubts that it was Sieber. I told her I wanted to go by the CBI crime lab here and ask them to analyze fotos of both and see what they thought( if they would even do it). Now several years later I see the lady has changed the website foto info to indicate that the foto IS Horn. But I am still not so sure and wish I had not been so convincing in my emails back and forth to her.

I guess the devil is in the details.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Website supported with the handmade jewelry of Night Fox Jewelry. tom-horn.com | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Forum development by LiveShore.