Tom Horn forum Tom-Horn.com Home
Tom Horn Forum Home
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 10:06:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  tom-horn.com
|-+  Tom Horn Discussions
| |-+  Tom Horn News
| | |-+  Horn items in UPRR museum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Horn items in UPRR museum  (Read 6047 times)
Tom-Horn.com Forum Administrator
Administrator

Horn items in UPRR museum
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:15:14 PM »

original post:

Charlie J (svenska50@hotmail.com
May 13 2006, 03:31 AM
Three years ago I read the UPRR museum in Tulsa or somewheres had Horn stuff on display( gun, rope, trinkets, etc).

So I wrote to the curator and she told me they had been on display but now were in storage due to the museum being refurbished. In January this yr I wrote again to the museum asking if the Horn items were being re-displayed. The answer I got ( not from the same lady) was there were no Horn items at the museum.

SO where is the stuff Huh
Chip
May 19 2006, 02:16 PM
From Chip Carlson...

That's a good question. I too recall that they had what they described as a knife, possibly a pistol (my recollection is not clear) and at least one photo of him (although there is some question as to whether it's really Horn.

I would suggest you find out who the director of the museum is, and contact that person directly. You can also contact me at info@tom-horn.com

QUOTE(Charlie J (svenska50@hotmail.com @ May 13 2006, 03:31 AM)
Three years ago I read the UPRR museum in Tulsa or somewheres had Horn stuff on display( gun, rope, trinkets, etc).

So I wrote to the curator and she told me they had been on display but now were in storage due to the museum being refurbished. In January this yr I wrote again to the museum asking if the Horn items were being re-displayed. The answer I got ( not from the same lady) was  there were no Horn items at the museum.

SO  where is the stuff Huh

Raksha
May 24 2006, 11:24 PM
Hi Chip and Charlie,
I haven't heard of the Tulsa exhibit, but last year when my husband and I were in San Antonio (before going to the Tom Horn conference in Buffalo) we found a great museum of Old West artifacts at the Buckhorn Saloon; they have a display case with what is supposedly Tom Horn's Colt 1878 DA, with beautiful ivory grips, and one of the ropes Tom braided in jail. I don't know if they're authenticated, but I hear that the owner of the collection is a very reputable collector. I can find more info if anyone is interested. I believe they even have a website with an inventory.

Cheers,
Raksha
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Website supported with the handmade jewelry of Night Fox Jewelry. tom-horn.com | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Forum development by LiveShore.