Tom Horn forum Tom-Horn.com Home
Tom Horn Forum Home
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 10:05:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  tom-horn.com
|-+  Tom Horn Discussions
| |-+  Tom Horn News
| | |-+  Movie changes over the years
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Movie changes over the years  (Read 5434 times)
Tom-Horn.com Forum Administrator
Administrator

Movie changes over the years
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:13:20 PM »

original post:

Jan 25 2006, 01:18 AM
[SIZE=7]I was hoping that someone reading this might be able to provide me with some insight to answer some lingering questions I have about the Tom Horn movie (1980). I was a fan of this movie while i was young and remember it vividly. Upon recently buying the new dvd version released in 2005 and watching it, it seems to me that some parts may have been changed or altered. The part mostly in question was the ending scene of the execution. I am almost 100% certain that after they show him hanging there was a script before the credits stating that the gallows malfunctioned to some degree and he actually was alive for almost 30 minutes or something like that. Can anybody concur with that or did I just make stuff up over the past 15 years lol. Thanks . email me at emelanson@megalink.net to give any answers or comments.

Cheers.
Chip Carlson
Jan 28 2006, 05:11 PM
Regarding your question on the Steve McQueen/Tom Horn movie, it was never intended to be a documentary, of course. What it does quite well is show how Horn was out of date and out of place, and that he kind of sensed that. It also shows what a cold, emotionless character he was.
I do not believe any changes were made in the movie from its original version.
Thanks for contacting us.
Chip
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Website supported with the handmade jewelry of Night Fox Jewelry. tom-horn.com | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Forum development by LiveShore.