Tom Horn forum Tom-Horn.com Home
Tom Horn Forum Home
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 10:05:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  tom-horn.com
|-+  Tom Horn Discussions
| |-+  Tom Horn News
| | |-+  Tom Horn Conference
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Tom Horn Conference  (Read 6514 times)
Tom-Horn.com Forum Administrator
Administrator

Tom Horn Conference
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:10:36 PM »

original post:

Raksha
May 10 2005, 04:13 AM
Hi to new members Sven and Largo! Here's a question for everyone: Is anyone else going to the Tom Horn conference June 17 in Buffalo, WY? I plan to be there, and last I heard there were only a few more seats available. I'm surprised nobody has brought up the topic of the conference, so I thought I would do it. I'll post more info if anyone is interested. Hope to see some of you there,
Raksha
~LARGO~
May 11 2005, 03:53 AM
Hi all,

Thanks, Raksha, for your welcome!

I would be very interested in learning more about the Tom Horn Conference.

Thank you for any information you may be able to provide relative to that upcoming event.

~LARGO~
Raksha
May 15 2005, 04:34 AM
QUOTE(~LARGO~ @ May 11 2005, 11:53 AM)
Hi all,

Thanks, Raksha, for your welcome!

I would be very interested in learning more about the Tom Horn Conference.

Thank you for any information you may be able to provide relative to that upcoming event.

~LARGO~

Largo,
I'm pasting the information from the flyer in below:

Jim Gatchell's Living History Days History Conference
"Tom Horn, Wyoming Bad Man"
Friday, June 17, 2005 at the Historical Occidental Hotel in Buffalo, Wyoming.
Sponsored by the Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum
The program begins at 10 a.m., featuring Tom Horn historians and artifacts.
Presenters:
Chip Carlson, author of Tom Horn--Blood on the Moon. As the foremost authority on Tom Horn he will discuss his life and whether he was guilty of the killing for which he was executed?
John Garvin. Director of the Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum who will display Horn artifacts including one of his rifles.
Mel Gerhold, artist who will display and discuss his painting of Tom Horn. One lucky attendee will win a print, valued at $450.00.
Bob Edwards, Museum Educator of the Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum who will discuss Horn's nemesis, Joe LeFors.
Bill O'Neal, author of ENCYCLOPEDIA OF WESTERN GUNFIGHTERS will talk about Tom Horn in relation to other western gunfighters.
A question and answer period will follow with the entire panel. At the conclusion of the panel Mr.Carlson and Mr. O'Neal will be signing books. Bring yours or purchase them at the conference.
The Tom Horn conference is a historic value at only $35.00 per person. This includes lunch and a ticket for the drawing of the Horn print. Attendance is limited to 50 people.
The phone number for the museum is 307-684-9331, and the Occidental Hotel is 307-684-0451.

I doubt there are any tickets left. They only had a few left in March.
Chip, looking forward to meeting you!
smile.gif
Raksha
~LARGO~
May 15 2005, 05:29 AM
Hi Raksha,
Looks like I may be out of the running this time, but it sure sounds like an interesting opportunity for the 50 individuals!
I have a couple of selfish reasons for inquiring into this, but I will reserve sharing them until a later time!

Thanks for the interesting information!

~LARGO~
Chip Carlson
May 22 2005, 09:41 PM
Clarification -- the information the Gatchell Museum (which, incidentally, is a first-cl**** operation) indicates I will be discussing Tom Horn. Actually, I will be portraying him, first -person mode, as he discusses the principal events in his history, primarily the Nickell killing, and the subsequent "confession" and trial.

After that there will be a slide presentation, which I'll conduct in the third person.

Glad to hear of your interest. Horn is the pre-eminent name in Wyoming history.
Chip Carlson
May 22 2005, 09:41 PM
Clarification -- the information the Gatchell Museum (which, incidentally, is a first-cl**** operation) indicates I will be discussing Tom Horn. Actually, I will be portraying him, first -person mode, as he discusses the principal events in his history, primarily the Nickell killing, and the subsequent "confession" and trial.

After that there will be a slide presentation, which I'll conduct in the third person.

Guest_Raksha_*
May 29 2005, 03:32 PM
Chip,
That's going to be fascinating! History comes alive! We're looking forward to it.

For those of you who are going to the conference: The site has been changed to the Bozeman Trail Steak House History Conference Center.

Hope to see you June 17--and we're also looking forward to seeing the Gatchell Museum.
Raksha

quote=Chip Carlson,May 22 2005, 09:41 PM]

Raksha
May 29 2005, 03:33 PM
Forgot to log in--sorry sad.gif
Raksha

[quote=Guest_Raksha_*,May 29 2005, 11:32 PM]
Chip,
That's going to be fascinating! History comes alive! We're looking forward to it.

For those of you who are going to the conference: The site has been changed to the Bozeman Trail Steak House History Conference Center.

Hope to see you June 17--and we're also looking forward to seeing the Gatchell Museum.
Raksha
quote=Chip Carlson,May 22 2005, 09:41 PM]

Tom Horn
Jun 8 2005, 05:30 PM
QUOTE(Raksha @ May 10 2005, 04:13 AM)
Hi to new members Sven and Largo! Here's a question for everyone: Is anyone else going to the Tom Horn conference June 17 in Buffalo, WY? I plan to be there, and last I heard there were only a few more seats available. I'm surprised nobody has brought up the topic of the conference, so I thought I would do it. I'll post more info if anyone is interested. Hope to see some of you there,
Raksha

Jinglebob
Jul 16 2005, 06:29 AM
Shoot! I just stumbled across this site. Wish Ida known about the conference. I've been reading about Tom Horn for a few years now and have Chip's book.

I have kinda local interest in Tom Horn though as I live in Arizona and have been to San Carlos many times. In fact, at times, when the resevoir is down, which happens down here a lot, a person can walk over "old San Carlos". That is the site where they kept Geronimo and others when you hear about San Carlos. It's just a nostalgic thing, I guess.

Chip, I haven't talked with you for quite awile, ever since I tried to find Iron Mountain ranch a few years ago. Hope all is well, and you do another conference next year.

Rich Wall (aka Jinglebob)
Chip
Jul 18 2005, 12:11 AM
QUOTE(Jinglebob @ Jul 16 2005, 06:29 AM)
Shoot! I just stumbled across this site. Wish Ida known about the conference. I've been reading about Tom Horn for a few years now and have Chip's book.

I have kinda local interest in Tom Horn though as I live in Arizona and have been to San Carlos many times. In fact, at times, when the resevoir is down, which happens down here a lot, a person can walk over "old San Carlos". That is the site where they kept Geronimo and others when you hear about San Carlos. It's just a nostalgic thing, I guess.

Chip, I haven't talked with you for quite awile, ever since I tried to find Iron Mountain ranch a few years ago. Hope all is well, and you do another conference next year.

Rich Wall (aka Jinglebob)

Good to hear from you, Rich. Hope you're doing well.
Raksha
Aug 22 2005, 04:56 AM
QUOTE(Chip @ Jul 18 2005, 08:11 AM)
Good to hear from you, Rich. Hope you're doing well.

Chip,
Just got back from Europe--thanks for giving such a great talk at the Tom Horn Conference! A lot of people came from near and far--I believe the registered participants numbered over 80. My husband and I had a wonderful time, and we really enjoyed meeting you--and talking baseball! I'll e-mail you soon,
Best,
Raksha
CharlieJ
Mar 20 2006, 04:00 AM
Thank you, sorry I missed it. I lost my Sven id here and was working away so I didnt come here much. I am glad to be back. In fact I go to COdy Wy tomorrow morn for a quick trip so maybe I'll stop and see some Tom Horn stuff someplace on the way back Wednesday.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Website supported with the handmade jewelry of Night Fox Jewelry. tom-horn.com | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Forum development by LiveShore.