Tom Horn forum Tom-Horn.com Home
Tom Horn Forum Home
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 10:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  tom-horn.com
|-+  Tom Horn Discussions
| |-+  Tom Horn News
| | |-+  building where tom horn supposed confessed burn down the ground
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: building where tom horn supposed confessed burn down the ground  (Read 5462 times)
Tom-Horn.com Forum Administrator
Administrator

building where tom horn supposed confessed burn down the ground
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:09:12 PM »

original post:

rtdos
Dec 29 2004, 01:02 AM
the building where tom horn supposed confessed burn down the ground last night -

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&i...eyenne%2520Fire

if link wraps or does not work, do a google news search for cheyenne fire.

:!: :!: :!:
ChipCarlson
Jan 12 2005, 01:13 AM
Actually, the building was one of those apparently left intact. The facade is still OK, but no one knows about the rest of the structures as of January 11. The owner intends to rebuild the entire block.

Please stay in touch.
tomhorn
Jan 13 2005, 06:04 AM

ChipCarlson
Jan 16 2005, 09:25 PM
Actually, that building may still be structurally sound. As of January 16, 2005 the engineering study has not been completed.
Zizzy
Jul 4 2005, 01:42 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1546/49...0downtown11.jpg

recent (last week -June 2005) picture of the burnt buildings in Cheyenne.
Charlie Johnson
May 13 2006, 03:05 AM
I just spent two days in Cheyenne at a business meeting at the Plains Hotel( hangout for the old Wyoming Stockmens ****oc). Saw two nice old pics of Billy and Charlie Irwin that owned Steamboat (Coble's horse)( it's image now resides on every WY license plate).

The Horn confession building decidedly did NOT burn down.
What burnt was the InterOcean Hotel on the corner ( the Hynds Bulding) and the building next to that burnt all the way down. Its a big hole now.

I went in the building Horn 'confessed' in and bought Chip Carlsons book 'Blood on the Moon'. They are refurb the building and I watched them load new drywall to the second and third floor for about an hour. I also stood and looked over the Tivoli Hotel for a while and went in and had a 'mornin whiskey' in the Idelman Hotel. The lady inthe bookstore said she thinks a museum might go into the second floor 'confession' suite. I asked her if the door int hat room was cut off and she then decided I was invisible and would answer no more questions, tho she previously admitted to going upstairs several times a week to check out what the workmen were doing. I regret not doing the same. WHen I go to Cheyenne and see those places and look around I really get an odd feeling, its like history is still living there or something. I could see inthe 'confessional' room but couldnt get a sense of it as I was in front of the Atlas Theatre.

When I got back to Denver to work and was looking at the book I bought , I wrote a note inthe front where I had bouth it. THEN I discovered it was a hand signed copy ( tho 30 pages are missing from 233 to 257, left out by the bookbinder I suppose). I might have a collectors item.

I wanted to hit the museums to see if any Horn stuff was on exhibit, but theres a decided lack of Horn fotos or info in downtown Cheyenne. Reminds me of the old Watergate term 'non-denial denial'.

It was a great two days.

Gregg
May 27 2006, 01:40 PM
Charlie, when you have time you might check the State Museum and Archives. In the nuseum on the second floor on the west wall they have a small display of a few of Tom's things, such as a small section of rope he made, and the handcuffs that were used during his arrest. In the archives (to the left as you enter the main dorrs at the museum) they have lots of stuff to read. I have been reading the transcripts from the coroners inquest and trial. It is extremely facinating to say the least. They also have half a filing cabinet drawer full of stuff that I havent had time to read yet.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Website supported with the handmade jewelry of Night Fox Jewelry. tom-horn.com | Powered by SMF 1.0.8.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Forum development by LiveShore.